Monday, April 02, 2007

Swatch & Frog!


A swatching of different stitches on this type of yarn. I really like the top stitching, but it acquires more yarn and takes up less space. I have a limited amount of yarn, so I think i'll stick with stockinette & cables, while doing some lacing around the neck and hem.

Remember my "throw of many novelties?" Well, the little froggy said "rip it! rip it!" and I did. Yeah. It wasn't up to my specifications. The two different yarns with a little chinelle(sp?)didn't agree with size 11 needles. Oh well, i'll use it for other things. Maybe i'll get some different novelty yarn and start it up again.

6 comments:

KnittingHawkeye said...

how many yards do you have of the yarn?

Knitting Up A Storm said...

200g of the cotton (the shaping that I plan on doing requires less yarn than a crew-neck type of tank) and 50g of the alpaca.

Knitting Up A Storm said...

It doesn't seem like a lot... but when you think about it, My long and sleeved sweater only took 300g of yarn or less.

Michele said...

I love the stitch pattern on the top of your swatch!

KnittingHawkeye said...

I was told grams don't count & neither do ounces
it's all based on yards =/

Knitting Up A Storm said...

Well ok... then just under 400 yards.