Monday, December 26, 2016

FO: Antler Hat

Are you looking for a free hat pattern with simple cables that works up quickly? Look no further. I whipped up this bad boy in a few days, and it looks more complicated than what it is.
Pattern: Antler Hat (free pattern) by Tincanknits
Yarn: 1 skein Paton's Classic Worsted Weight Wool
Needles: US 6 and US 8 circular needles (magic loop method)
Modifications: 2.25 inch brim and only 6 antler cables before decreasing
Started: 12/18/16
Completed: 12/21/16
I made a cardboard cutout to open up the hat for presentation purposes as a gift. The cutout seemed to be the perfect size/shape, so I made an extra one for future photo sessions.
The cable pattern is pretty easy to memorize. The cables move further and further away from each other each time you have a cabled round. If my memory serves me correct, there's only 6 total rounds per rep.


No comments: