Monday, December 26, 2016

Fo: Fisherman's Rib Hat

This is a simple hat pattern that is easily memorized, but can get you in the end if you don't mark down which round you have last completed, since the ribbing doesn't show you which round you just end with.

Pattern: Fisherman's Rib Hat (free pattern) by Christina Coutts
Yarn: 1 skein Lion Brand's Wool-Ease Chunky
Needles: US 6 and US 8
Started: 12/21/16
Completed: 1/24/16

A fisherman's rib is simply (in a multiple of 2 sts):
Rd 1: *k1below, p1* across the rd.
Rd 2: *k1, p1below* across the rd.

My modifications:
I started the brim of the hat on size US 6 needles and did regular 1x1 ribbing for 5 rds. Then I switched to the larger needles. I knit the fisherman's rib until the hat measured 7 inches, and then I did the hat decreases.

Here's a quick photo of the project. It's not my finest work, but it was completed in time for Christmas. It could have used a good blocking if I had the time.

No comments: